Last revised on April 25, 2018
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Marmalead, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
- Our websites (including Marmalead.com, Blog.Marmalead.com)
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Marmalead.com account to provide an email address, your name –and that’s it.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to a Marmalead.com plan, a course, or other product/service, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. Marmalead does not store your payment information on our servers and is PCI compliant.
- Credentials: You may choose to connect your Etsy shop with Marmalead to fully utilize the tools available to you. We do not have access to your Etsy credentials and will never ask for them. They are captured securely through an Etsy pop up window and Etsy gives us a unique access code that links your account. You can unlink your shop from within Marmalead or Etsy at any time. Connecting with your shop allows us to provide tips and guidance for your listings.
- Communications with Us : You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our help desk about a support question, or post a question about your shop(s) in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you conduct keyword searches on Marmalead.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about what parts of the website are used so we can continue to improve them for our customers.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
Web beacons and other tracking technologies
- Both websites and HTML e-mails may also contain other tracking technologies such as ‘web beacons’. These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, the web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, access features, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Marmalead and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Marmalead and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Marmalead and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Marmalead, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your posts in our online communities (comments on our Blog). Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share on Social Media for example.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid features–may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Marmalead does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Marmalead’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Marmalead’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
Marmalead is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
- April 25, 2018: Revised and reorganized language throughout to help simplify the policy and clarify our practices.